The IFCR’s CDKL5 Centers of Excellence help affected families access a team of multi-disciplinary specialists. The Centers ease the burden on families by bringing all the specialists together instead of taking their affected loved ones to multiple appointments. This saves families time and hassle while ensuring that their medical team is informed and can work together. Each CDKL5 Center of Excellence team consists of various specialties, including epilepsy, genetics, gastroenterology, physical medicine, rehabilitation, and palliative care.
Our CDKL5 Centers of Excellence work to advance our understanding of CDKL5 Deficiency Disorder continually. They are researching how the condition unfolds so they can develop standards of care for all those affected.
IFCR’s sponsorship makes the CDKL5 Centers of Excellence possible. We coordinate to bring the specialists together and fund the multi-Center research. Each Center requires several months or even years to establish, as there are numerous legal, ethical, and financial considerations to arrange.
- Boston CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Cleveland Clinic CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Colorado CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Los Angeles CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Montefiore CDKL5 Center of Excellnece
- New York CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Philadelphia CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- St. Louis CDKL5 Children’s Hospital
- Texas CDKL5 Center of Excellence
- Vanderbilt CDKL5 Center of Excellence
Unfortunately, the IFCR is not able to fund patient care. Each Center of Excellence can advise on which types of insurance they accept and what payment plans may be available. Please contact them directly using the links above.